Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Spirit Contact Info
Spirit Phone Number
Spirit Live Chat
Spirit Email Support
Spirit Help Desk
Spirit on Twitter
Spirit on FB/Messenger
Al Spirit contacts
Spirit General customer information
Spirit Top FAQ
Spirit is an American ultra-low-cost airline that operates flights in the U.S., the Caribbean, Latin America, and South America.
The airline is headquartered in Miramar, Florida with bases in Chicago O’Hare, Atlantic City, Dallas, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Fort Lauderdale.
Yes — you must purchase a ticket to fly to any of Spirit’s destinations. The base fare is usually between $29 to $39 for cheaper tickets. But seats themselves are assigned randomly at check-in unless you pay in advance to choose one — so, to be very clear, a specific seat selection is not included in your ticket price.
As a passenger, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get to sit with family and friends unless you pay to choose seats. So if you are traveling with companions, take your time to read the Spirit Airlines policies and purchase seats ahead of travel.
Yes, guests are allowed to travel with an infant on their lap. Before departure, you should check in with Spirit staff. Spirit Airlines provides the following guidelines when it comes to traveling with an infant.
- Adult travelers (ages 15 and up) can carry 1 child per lap
- Infants under 7 days old or requiring life support systems like an an incubator are not allowed to board (like most airlines).
- Car seats are not allowed in the emergency exit rows, or in any row close to the emergency exit
- Car seats and lap seat children are not allowed to occupy seats with inflatable seatbelts
- Spirit Airlines allows travelers to check in with 1 personal item the size of a small box (e.g., a small backpack, handbag, or purse). These items are included in your base fare, which means you will not be charged extra fees. However, Spirit will charge for extra baggage and some personal items.
Spirit Airlines allows personal items or backpacks under 18″ high x 14″ long x 8″ wide. The personal items should not exceed the dimensions above including wheels and handles.
The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 22″ high x 18″ long x 10″ wide. If your carry-on is too big to be stowed safely in the cargo bin, you’ll be required to check it (and pay extra).